We had a full house for Christmas this year! On Christmas day, Uncle Randy and the family came to have dinner with us, and Aunt Sherry didn't have to work. Alison had come to spend the holiday with her family and was in attendance as well. The dinner was overwhelming! Sherry and Alison made an apple cashew salad, and Karylyn made the holiday staples of party potatoes, Watergate salad and her bacon/corn combo. We had a spiral ham courtesy of the Michigan created company Honey baked ham and oodles of holiday spirits. After dinner Lisa showed off her new laptop and a book about Hubbard Lake, MI that she had signed by the author! It had photos and history of the small town where the Bartz family lived in the last generation. Then we were joined by Cliff and all had a rousing two games of Apples to Apples. Sherry won the first and Alison won the second, it was a sweeping Larson victory.
Greg and I were so tired after the festivities we went straight to bed when everyone left. Thank you so much to mom and Lisa for helping me clean up the food and wrap the leftovers. Greg's mom also donated the use of her silverware and china for the occasion, as well as mugs and beverages. All in all we pulled together to have a excellent day, with much help from greg's parents ^^. We love you guys!
The next day I had to go back to work, but Greg cleaned up again because we were expecting the Gilbert clan to come visit. I actually cam home from work early because I wasn't feeling well, and slept until 4:30. Right when they pulled in! I threw on some clothes and invited them in, we chatted and caught up for some time while i heated up the leftovers and put out some snacks. I hope everyone had enough to nibble on, there certainly wasn't alot left over! The main thing was that we all had time to see each other and in some cases see people we haven't seen in years. Everyone from Christmas day came over again to see the Gilbert clan, making it a group of over 25. I won't list everyone here who attended in case i spell the names incorrectly, but all Gilbert's children and their significant others attended as well as the grand children. The kids took turns attacking adults and putting them "in jail" and gave much attention to the kitties that wandered upstairs to see what all the noise was about. The wives all received presents of soft long flowing scarves from Alison and Sherry I believe (I'm actually wearing mine right now to stay warm). There was much merriment and revelery, and we hope to repeat this tradition in years to come. Thank you so much for attending and blessing our new house with the holiday warmth of family.
We all gathered together and had a group photo taken, and as soon as I get a copy I will post it for all.
A blog about the Bartz's family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About the Designated Blogger
- Samara
- I am a transplant from NY, who was swept off her feet by a young Lansing man, here I am two kids, rocks galore and thousands of little honey bees later, and my life has never been happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment