I reviewed google docs to start with. I have actually been using this program on and off for about a year now. I use it to access files at work from my home computer when I cannot find a accessible memory card to bring it to work. It is easy to use and is part of the google suite of programs so alot of the basic controls will be familiar if you use some of the others. My only caution is that the files may be "secure" on their server, but it is on someone else's server, not in your hands, and should not be treated as "secure" in terms of privacy. Also you have to work from that file if you plan on editing it from several locations and you do have to ensure that you have a compatible program or version. (I made that mistake when I tried to use a word 2010 PowerPoint presentation from a computer that only had 2003, no formatting was correct because I did not originally save it in compatible mode).
I then checked out sumo paint, and man did I have fun! This to me was easy to use, had many options and even a few super fun perks like the symmetry tool. They had alot of gradient options and could even hex code your colors without opening another window. I made an example below

I can definitely see this as being a great tool to customize some background images for a presentation or a web page. As a free image program I was surprised at the amount of things you could do with this program, and that you had options for saving it as different file types.
No comments:
Post a Comment