A blog about the Bartz's family.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Plumbing, its not just for men without belts

After throughly looking at the plans for the house and looking at adding plumbing for the new bathroom downstairs, we decided to redo some of the excisting work. So after hundreds of dollars and many labor intensive hours we have eliminated 30 ft of pipe and "upgraded" some existing 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch. We still have more to add on, but now its merely a matter of finding the time and some help, not whether or not we can actually do it. We have noted during the pipe laying that some of the air ducts seem in ackward places, so we might have a professional come and tell us about any options we might have to move it or reduce its size. Greg has turned into quite the home improver, I am so proud of all that he has learned since we bought the house! After we nail down the plumbing, so to speak, we can start the framing, but we may gut the bedroom first and prep that room so we can do all the framing at once. I suspect that once we get to that stage things will move at the speed of light ( which is fast by the way, for those non-scientific types).
Funny story, last night I was sleeping and was woke by a strange noise. All the cats were sleeping with me and they woke up to, so we all headed downstairs to investigate and greg was removing pipe at 3 in the morning. lol The cats were so disgusted at him~! I giggled at thier cat like expression of distaste at being woken up. So I went back to bed, but they decided to stay and punish him by meowing and getting in the way. Needless to say he didnt work much longer before giving up and going to bed himself. Working with cats in the way is hard.

No comments:

About the Designated Blogger

My photo
I am a transplant from NY, who was swept off her feet by a young Lansing man, here I am two kids, rocks galore and thousands of little honey bees later, and my life has never been happier.