A blog about the Bartz's family.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Bees!
Greg has let me use part of our refund to pursue a hobby! I have decided to have a hobby honey bee farm. We attended an educational class last week about raising bees and now we are in love with them. Greg spent last night assembling our hive and our bees come in next week, it is so exciting. We may not get honey the first year which is ok since it will be a learning year anyways. Once the bees get a good brood going we will move them to the Bartz farm in Alpena to pollinate the fields. If all goes well in the fall we will have a nice little crop of honey to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About the Designated Blogger
- Samara
- I am a transplant from NY, who was swept off her feet by a young Lansing man, here I am two kids, rocks galore and thousands of little honey bees later, and my life has never been happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment