Well we are back into a schedule again. As you may know I fractured my ankle in three places June 1st and have been recovering ever since. Well that part of my life is finally "all better, just took a bit longer to heal with all the baby stuff going on.
I had surgery a week after the accident and they put in 6 screws and a metal plate, so at 8 months pregnant I was on bed rest because I could not put weight on my leg and it was too difficult to balance on crutches. The week before my due date I was fully on crutches again, which was a relief, a wheelchair is alot of work to mobilize.
I had surgery a week after the accident and they put in 6 screws and a metal plate, so at 8 months pregnant I was on bed rest because I could not put weight on my leg and it was too difficult to balance on crutches. The week before my due date I was fully on crutches again, which was a relief, a wheelchair is alot of work to mobilize.
The day before my due date (Aug 10Th) I was sitting in my kitchen when my water broke. So I called Greg in from the garage and told him then we finished packing and left for the hospital. I didn't have any contractions right away so we were in triage for awhile, until 530 or 600 pm. Then they moved me to a delivery room and got me comfortable, and after several consultations and many Tetris games later they decide to give me Pitosin at around 9. So my contractions start but are very mild. Our friends Stephanie and Matt came to visit around midnight to say hi. Once they left the contractions became increasingly stronger and around 130 I asked Greg to turn off the xbox and hold my hand. By 230 I was in what I considered alot of pain, and we started discussing pain relief. I am glad I made Greg promise to talk me out of an epidural because by then I was totally willing to do anything to relieve the pain. They game me something to knock the edge off" my contractions, and boy did it ever! In between each contraction I was so relaxed I was nearly asleep. I started to feel like pushing by 330 and they said to go ahead, but made me stop at 400 because my doctor wasn't there and I was ready to deliver! She ran in just in time to catch little Emory as he came out. Greg was so wonderful and supportive, and they stamped his arm with ink feet from Emory. So we were all happy and the rest of the day was a blur.

Then reality of being a mommy set in and no sleep took its toll. Emory cried alot and wouldn't nurse so we had some issues (they are resolved now thank goodness). He was so tiny they said he could have stayed in longer, but he is the prompt type.
We were released on Wednesday and by Friday decided to take Emory to where Greg and I first met, Gencon. So at 6 days old he was the youngest gamer there and everybody just loved him. Greg got to hold him the whole time since I was able to walk again but not without the crutches. It was nice to be out and about since I had been at home for quite awhile.
The first couple of months was a bit rough but now that he is going on four months we have settled into a happy balance. Plus he giggles now :)
OK that is my new update, I will finish catching up this weekend cause I have so much more to say!

1 comment:
That costume drives me batty!
...
Sorry, had to get that out. Emory is extremely cute. Can't wait to hear more!
Post a Comment